Thursday 19 March 2015

My Involvement with BALP (Bristol Active Life Project)

I had many bad experiences in 2006 to 2010 including redundancy and being critically ill in hospital. This led to anxiety and depression that was worsened by a long running court case relating to my injuries. In 2010 I got involved with Bristol Active Life Project (BALP) and also finished my PhD. This all assisted with my physical and mental health and wellbeing. As well as being a participant of BALP I've also been involved in planning and research of the service, making use of my background as a researcher. I'm a regular in the football team and occasional captain. I'm also secretary of a mental health walking group that also aims to assist people with mental and physical health and wellbeing.


No comments:

Post a Comment